Crispy Pineapple with Coconut Ice Cream
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Recommended wine with the dish: Champagne
- 1 pineapple
- 0.55 lbs. feuilletage (puff pastry)
- 3.5 oz. powdered sugar
- 0.55 lbs creme patisserie (custard filling for pastries and cakes; vanilla-flavoured)
- 0.55 lbs. whipped cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3.6 oz. semolina sugar
- 3.4 tbsp. water
- Grated coconut
- Coconut milk
- 2.1 cups l milk
- 4 egg yolk
- 3.175 oz. sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Creme patissiere
- Start with an English cream, by stirring milk, egg yolk and sugar. At the end of the cooking, take the pot of the fire and add coconut milk, coconut cream and some grated coconuts.
- Then, put this preparation in the ice cream machine to make the coconut ice cream.
- Cut the pineapple into very fine slices and collect the pineapple juice and make a sauce out of it. Sprinkle sugar icing on a plate and put the pineapple on top of it. Then, sprinkle more of the sugar icing on it, before putting the plate into the stove so that it lightly caramelizes.
- Now you will prepare small disks with the crème patissiere.
- To do so, cut a small stencil out of a cardboard box. Start by lightly sprinkling the plate with sugar icing, put the stencil on the plate, take a little bit of the crème patissiere and spread it over the plate and the stencil.
- After 5 minutes cooking, take the grated coconut, the round crème pâtissière disks and the round pineapple slices out of the stove, where we had previously left them.
- On the dish, put 3 scoops of the coconut ice cream.
- Sprinkle the scoops with some grilled coconut. Then, put some of the pineapple sauce on each side. Take a tiny bit of the raspberry sauce to decorate the dish.
- Put the small grilled round pineapple slices on each side of the scoops.
- End by delicately placing a small pineapple piece in the centre for decoration. The crusty pineapple with coconut ice cream is ready.
|Phone||+33 2 38 31 80 01|
|Overview||A half-timbering facade, a park with centenary-old oak trees, salons opening to the trees and flowers…this is "Les Templiers" (the Templars). At one hour from Orly, at the gates of the Loire and Sologne Valleys, this ancient command belongs to the famous chain "Relais et Châteaux". Thus, "Les Templiers" is much more than just a place. It is the mirror of art de vivre and the symbol of refinement and style on the countryside.|